Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lilly Turns 10 | Superhero Party

Lilly had her first birthday in Hong Kong in May, she turned 10 and wanted a superhero party. Well you know how much I love to put together a party. Juices were flowing, Pinterest board set up , invites designed (thanks to izzy) and I was all ready to go out and purchase my bits and pieces!

First stop was Sham Shui Po for red fabric to make superhero capes for Izzy and I, and some black cotton for my photo booth backdrop.
Next was looking for coloured paper plates, cups, paper bags etc for the table. Ok this proved an impossible task. Where was the high street party shop I am used to back home in the UK?? OMG no one does plain party ware here, unless I want to pay an events planner to plan my 10 year olds birthday party!!!
Stressed is an understatement. (I know its a kids party but I LOVE the whole styling part). Eventually a post on Facebook put me in touch with Simply Love in Central. Beautiful store fit for the wannabe party organizer in me. I managed to buy my table ware, bunting and streamers stress free.
I bought the photo booth props from Dymocks in Sai Kung. Do check out Ursula's shop her range of party ware is growing daily and has some beautiful packs for boys and girls.

I knew I wanted balloons in my superhero colours of red, blue, yellow and black and thanks to Laura from Perfect Party she delivered me 30 helium balloons in all my colours.

Next step was those classic superhero signs! This was a lot of fun. Peter, Izzy and Lilly designed and decorated the POW, WHAM, ZAP signs.

We also made superhero capes for the lollipops thanks to this tutorial. Alot of fun and so simple!


I kept food simple, with popcorn, hotdogs, fries and crisps. Lilly asked for rainbow jelly for deserts and I made a huge chocolate cake covered in candy and candles!




Peter is a fab games organizer so I left him in charge of games!





All in all a great afternoon was had. We had Super Girl and Wonder Woman, Finn the Hero, Cat Woman, Tank Girl and Hunger Games (haven't seen the movie so cant remember her name!).






Next party on the horizon is Izzy's 13th!!! Yikes.....


Thanks for stopping by and as always we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a comment.

Hugs
Team B xxx


2 comments:

  1. love it, so lilly xxxx well done team B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool....think my invite must have got lost in the post ;)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs